Did you know that 17.5 million Americans don’t have enough food to support their family? During the month of October the entire Madrona community is coming together to help those near us who have trouble putting food on their tables
We are asking for each family to donate at least one non-perishable food item. Donations will be split between Edmonds Food Bank and the Bremerton Foodline. We chose Edmonds Food Bank so we could help those in our community, and we chose Bremerton Foodline because they are community near us that statistically has more kids who are in need.
There are several ways to help:
- Bring a non-perishable food item to your classroom anytime during the month
- Bring a non-perishable food item to your teacher conference the week of October 26th-30th
- Donate money directly to Bremerton Foodline http://bremertonfoodline.org/index.php%3Fpage%3Ddisplay%26id%3D133 (in the Notes section say “Madrona Food Drive:) or to the Edmonds Food Bank http://edmondsumc.org/giving
- Bring a non-perishable item to the Bear Scare on October 30th…we will have several collection booths available around the school
- Gather non-perishable items during your tick-or-treating on Halloween. We will have a box by the front office the week of November 2nd-6th
Examples of non-perishable items include: cold cereals (boxed or bagged), bulk rice and dried beans (we repackage), hot cereals (like oatmeal), pasta and rice products, hearty soups, chili, baked beans, boxed meal products like hamburger or tuna helper, baking mixes like Jiffy, cookie and cake mixes, canned juices, canned fruits and vegetables, laundry detergent, dish soap, etc.
Thank you in advance for your help! Together we can help those in need! WE CAN, CAN YOU?