What to do if your child is at school during an emergency?
- Emergency procedures and responsibilities information for all parents and guardians of students at Madrona K-8 School.
- District’s Inclement Weather Emergency Notice for Families
Edmonds School District Emergency Notice
There are several ways you can find out if schools are closed or operating on an abnormal schedule:
- Local Media
There are three levels of notices:
- School closed
- Two hours late
- Two hours late – Limited Buses
You can call the District’s switchboard at 425-431-7000. If there are closures you will get details. This information will be updated as needed and will be available from approximately 5:15 AM to 7:30 AM on the morning’s of closures.
The Home page to this Web site, MadronaBearFacts.com, will normally be updated to include closure information or you can navigate to SchoolReport.org directly.
The information on the website is removed after 10 AM & 3 PM daily.
Many local radio and Television stations will announce closures.
Remember: if no message is given for our district, then schools are operating on a normal schedule. In an emergency, listen to your Radio/TV.
* Beginning between 6 AM & 6:45 AM
* To hear changes between 6 AM & 8 AM
* On a continuous basis in an emergency
* Updates will be broadcast every 15 minutes / continually.
**Updates will be broadcast every 30 minutes.
Announcements will be made on these radio and television stations:
- KIRO 710
- KCIS 630
- KIXI 880
- KOMO 1000
- KYCW 1090
- KRKO 1380
- KPLU 88.5
- KSER 90.7
- KLSY 92.5
- KUBE 93.3
- KMPS 94.1
- KBSG 97.3
- KMTT 103.7
- KCMS 105.3
- KRWM 106.9
- KOMO 4
- KING 5
- KONG 6
- KIRO 7
- KCPQ 13