Madrona Kids’ Fund Green envelopes will be making their way to your child’s backpack early next week! Please return by November 4th. See attached or visit www.madronabearfacts.com for more information. Each center with a 100% envelope return rate by November 4th will win a popcorn party.
Each October, we kick off our annual request of families to pledge their support of the Madrona Integrated Team (MIT) and Madrona Kids’ Fund (MKF).
MIT is our parent, teacher, and student association. It is a non-profit, charitable corporation whose purpose is to support and enhance the experience of Madrona School students by sponsoring educational and related family programs, as well as enrichment activities for our students.
Madrona Kids’ Fund is the annual appeal to ensure MIT has the financial ability to:
- Support teachers to provide all learning materials and supplies needed for compelling lessons
- Offer scholarships to students in need, including supply, field trip, or extracurricular fees
- Generate resources for school & family focused events, creating a vibrant Madrona community
- Provide grants to support the best ideas from students, teachers and staff for learning as well as building a culture of teamwork, kindness, and resiliency.
- Financial support is the reason why our favorite programs thrive year after year – Madrona Children’s Theater, the music program, Bear Scare, Fun Run, STEAM night, and so much more!
What does it mean to pledge?
Our annual campaign is about engaging Madrona families, asking them to pledge their support of the variety of programs and activities MIT makes possible. This support may be a donation to the Madrona Kids’ Fund, a contribution through other programs like AmazonSmile or BoxTops, or gifts of time and talent – OR – support them all if you can!
Our goal is to raise an average of $65 per Madrona Student this academic year, so we ask you to give what is possible for your family whether it’s $5 or $500. At Madrona, every family’s contribution is unique, valued, and matters! Students are asked to bring back their GREEN envelope with the form below. Each center with a 100% envelope return rate by November 4th will win a popcorn party.