Emergency Procedures and Responsibilities
- School is the best place for your child in an emergency
- Teachers and administrators are trained and prepared for emergencies
- Madrona has an emergency plan and water and food on hand
- Each teacher is assigned to a specific job during an emergency
- Madrona is connected to the School District communications center via 900 MHz radio and analog phone
If an emergency occurs at school, the teachers and staff will:
Evacuate the children from the school and take them to the field area by the track
Put up security barriers to limit/direct vehicle traffic
Report to the Command Center and then go to their assigned jobs
Your child/children should:
- Stay at school. We do not want them to walk home to check on you or a pet. School is the safest place for them during an emergency. Please tell your child to stacy at school when an emergency occurs. Time spent trying to find a child who has left the campus will take time and energy away from locating someone who is trapped or injured.
- Stay with their Center/Classroom (Madrona needs to be able to constantly account for all of the children).
Parents and guardians should:
- NOT attempt to call Madrona. Please keep the phone lines clear. Teachers and staff will be working to ensure the safety of the children and will not be available to talk to parents
- Check the District Web page for updates @ http://www.edmonds.wednet.edu/
- Listen to the following radio/television stations for information:
If you feel you have to pick up your child from school, you should:
- Learn the school evacuation procedures so that you can help if you are at school.
- Bring identification – teachers/staff will not release a child to an adult without ID, nor will they release children to adults (other than parents) without that adult’s name being designated on the child’s emergency release form.
- Be patient
- Enter the school bus drive lane via the exit and drive along the bus curb towards the flag
- School staff will be at the flag with the children’s paperwork
- Children will not be released from the field
- Please do not take your child without checking out with school personnel