We would like to remind you that our enrichment class registration is now open. Please see the link below. New this spring, M Wellman is teaching a Mindful Parents Class. Please see her letter below for details.
Enrichment classes are being added to the website now! We are running a very limited session. Chess, Yoga, French, Art Daze and Cheer. Choir and Homework club will also run but you can register for those through the teachers. You can register here for all others-
Madrona Mindful Parents Class
Dear Madrona Families,
Mindfulness is a state of awareness in the present moment while holding curiosity and compassion. As parents, the skills we develop in being mindful can have a powerful effect on everyone in our lives, especially on our children. The more we can learn to relax, and take a few moments to remind ourselves of the value of being present in the moment, the more our family time can be available for deeper listening, caring, connection and joy.
Our Six Sessions will focus on:
- How Mindfulness can help handle daily stress
- Techniques for Quieting the restless Mind
- Practices for Seeing and Reframing the Moment
- How to Focus and Relax and why that’s an important skill
- How Compassion supports Mindfulness
- How Mindfulness creates Connection
- You will be learning practices that include fun mindful games to do yourself and with your family, meditation,mindful breath work and a little tai chi and yoga ( no yoga clothes or mats will be necessary).
No experience is necessary and all Madrona parents are welcome.
4/11, 4/18, 4/25, 5/9, 5/16, 5/30 at 4:15 in Soleil Center.
In Partnership, $30.00 for all six sessions
M Wellman ( scholarships available)